Templates and Reference Materials

We’ve developed a number of templates and reference tables for use by agrichemical users. We have also provided links to useful resources developed by other organisations, such as WorkSafe and the Environmental Protection Agency. 

Hazard classifications and product information »

Agrichemical storage »

Spray planning and notification »  

Application and calibration »  

Emergency planning »

Certified handler »    

Growsafe Endorsed resources

We also offer a service reviewing and endorsing resource materials developed by other organisations. Look for the Growsafe tick  as a sign that the resource is aligned with NZS 8409:2021 and regulatory requirements.

Links to homepages of key agencies

Agrecovery - information on the safe disposal of agrichemical containers and surplus agrichemicals

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - responsible for setting the controls relating to hazardous substances and environmental impacts.

WorkSafe - responsible for managing the use of hazardous substances in the workplace and Certified Handler certification.

NZTA - information on transporting dangerous goods. Note that a D endorsement on your drivers licence has replaced the lifecycle 'Transport' in Approved Handler certificates. Substances requiring tracking can therefore be transferred to a someone who has a D endorsement for the purposes of transport.