Growsafe Registered Calibrator
Who should have this certificate?
This specialist certificate is for those who calibrate orchard, arable or vineyard spray equipment for hire or reward.
Benefits of the certificate
Holders of the Growsafe Registered Calibrator certificate are able to:
- calibrate multiple types of spray equipment to spray multiple types of crops
- understand the reasons for calibration
- provide instructions to the spray applicator on sprayer setup
- ensure their own safety when calibrating.
Many quality assurance programmes require that spray equipment be calibrated by a suitably competent person. A Growsafe Registered Calibrator certificate meets this requirement.
To achieve Growsafe Registered Calibrator certification you need to:
- complete a written assessment covering theory aspects of calibration (pre-course)
- complete a small number of theoretical calibration calculations (pre-course)
- attend a virtual meeting with the trainer to ensure the pre-course material is adequately understood (pre-course)
- attend a one-day Growsafe approved calibration training course
- provide evidence of competent calibration undertaken on the job including checking of spray equipment.
It is assumed that aspiring calibrators are working under the supervision of an experienced calibrator and being trained on the job. Please email us on email@example.com
to express your interest in becoming a Growsafe Registered Calibrator.
Expiry of certificate and renewal
A Growsafe Registered Calibrator certificate is valid for 5 years, at which time it can be renewed. This is because laws, technology and best practice are constantly changing. While you can read and hear about these changes yourself, your customers and the regulators require evidence that you are up-to-date. Renewal of your certificate must be done within 6 months of expiry. If you are due for renewal, please email us and we will advise you of the next training event. Renewal requires attendance at a Growsafe approved calibration course and a post-course assessment.
2021 Calibrator courses
A number of calibrator courses will be delivered in 2021. These courses are suitable for both existing calibrators or new calibrators who meet pre-course requirements. Courses are one day long and involve a post-course assessment. The cost of the course is TBC. You can download more information
and a course registration form
. Locations are to be confirmed based on venue availability and location of attendees. Dates for 2021 are:
- North Island - Tuesday June 22 (Hastings)
- South Island - Thursday June 24 (Motueka)