GROWSAFE is the brand of the New Zealand Agrichemical Education Trust (NZAET), a non-profit organisation that promotes the safe, responsible and effective use of agrichemicals.
GROWSAFE can be contacted on: FREEPHONE: 0508 476 972 or:
- ph: 04 494 9977 or 04 470 5861
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: PO Box 10232, The Terrace, Wellington 6143
Please note that we are a small team and not always able to answer phone calls. Please leave a detailed message with your phone number and/or email address and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, send us an email.
For copies of certificates, please email email@example.com and include your full name and date of birth. Or you can call our database administrator on 04 381 7824.
New Zealand Agrichemical Education Trust (NZAET)
The NZAET was formed in 1992 by the primary producer groups and aims to develop and maintain good practice standards of agrichemical use.
The Trust’s Mission Statement is ‘To facilitate the approved and safe use of agrichemicals in NZ consistent with effective sustainable land management and environmental protection through advocacy and education.’
The Trustees of the Trust are:
- Russell Ballard – independent chair
- Catherine Richardson (Zespri International Ltd)
- Tim Herman (Pipfruit New Zealand Inc)
- Tony Howey (HorticultureNZ)
- Glenn Mackie (NZ Forest Owners Association)
- Mike Parker (FAR)
- Mark Ross (AGCARM)
- Guy Wigley (Federated Farmers)
The GROWSAFE team
The GROWSAFE team is made up of:
- Matt Dolan (Business Manager) 04 494 9977
- Jane Lamb (Operations Manager) 04 920 5112
- John Paul Praat (Technical Consultant) 07 870 2413
- Ellen Sanders (Administrator) 04 470 5861
GROWSAFE does not deliver courses itself but accredits specialist trainers to deliver courses. GROWSAFE regularly reviews and appraises trainers to ensure ongoing quality. Trainers set their own fees and training schedules.
Trainers can run public courses or courses tailored to individual companies, groups of companies or industry sectors. Some trainers are independent and others some deliver through polytechnics or PTEs.
Accredited trainers run courses throughout New Zealand. Click on the map to find information and contact details about the trainers in your region.