Forms, Templates and Reference documents
RMA and Regional Plan requirements
Website links (including links to Approved Handler info)
Agrichemical manufacturers (including links to Haznotes and MSDSs)
Many regional plans require commercial users of agrichemicals to hold GROWSAFE certificates. We have developed summaries of regional council training requirements for commercial users and contractors.
Guidelines to individual Air Plans
Bay of Plenty
Links for individual Air Plans
Bay of Plenty
Agcarm - the industry association for manufacturers and distributors of crop protection and animal health products. The site has a number of useful resources including:
- Bee Brochure - Agcarm's brochure summarising how to minimise the impact of agrichemicals on bees
- Storage Checklist - Agcarm's checklist for safe, small-scale storage of agrichemicals
Agrecovery - information on the safe disposal of agrichemical containers and surplus agrichemicals
Environmental Protection Authority - responsible for the HSNO Act and Approved Handler certification. Visit this website to find further information on:
- contact details for Test Certifiers
- requirements for Tracking hazardous substances, including a Quick Guide to Tracking and HSNO Brief for farmers re Tracking of agrichemicals including guidelines for farmers and retailers on transporting tracked substances to the farm by people other than an Approved Handler.
- decision tree on whether Approved Handler is required for agrichemical application; the definition of "wide dispersive use"; and the requirements for Approved Handlers to be available when others are using pesticides under their supervision.
- information on requirements for retailers of hazardous substances such as Hardware stores
- clarification of the responsibilities of the Person in Charge for agrichemicals in relation to the sale by rural retailers to users.
NZTA - information on transporting dangerous goods. Note that a D endorsement on your drivers licence has replaced the lifecycle "Transport" in Approved Handler certificates. Substances requiring tracking can therefore be transferred to a someone who has a D endorsement for the purposes of transport.
Standards New Zealand - NZS8409:2004 (Management of Agrichemicals) can be purchased from this site (or directly from GROWSAFE - see our home page).
Click on the links below to find product information including labels, MSDS and Haznotes for agrichemicals manufactured by the following companies: